Sunday, January 20, 2013

A511.1.4.GA - Leadership and Management Video

Think about a leader who has inspired you. Was the person inspiring as an individual, or did you respond more to the cause to which the person enlisted you?

My commanding officer in my current job has really inspired me in his role as a leader.
Comparing him to all that I had experience in the past, the way he manage his role as a leader to me deserve emulation. He is inspiring us as an individual.

With my own evaluation he posses what Mintzberg referred to as managerial role of an effective leader.Those that I was a witness because of the gap in chain of command that limit my observation, are his decision-making, monitoring roles, and liaison role. 

The kind of care and concern he display in time of crises or in personal issue of subordinates even when not directly reporting to him. This shows his understanding of disturbance handler role.
He often conduct personnel's view for better way to perform and seek information from variety of sources. Studying our text now make me understand his monitoring ability as a leader to recon with.
When he discovered a problem, his way of handling it by allocating role or task to the officers that work directly with him proof his ability to disseminate roles.

Studying his informal interaction with subordinates attest to what Kotter illustrates that, managers use a variety of influence techniques during their daily interactions with other people to mobilize support and shape events.

No comments:

Post a Comment