Monday, September 5, 2016










Change Scenario
Olusanya Oyeyemi
Walden University
MMSL 6661
Dr. Evan Duff
16 December 2015

















Abstract
For any organization to measure up to the millennium standard, it must implement frequent development changes which must be discovered by someone and implemented after unanimous agreement by leaders. This paper shows the change I have nursed in my organization for years and its pros and cons for both the organization and the employees.
Also, I enumerate conflict resolution that may emerge in the process of making a change, courses, identifications and resolution.







I have served four years plus in the military and within those years my observation for significant change was that graduate employees both as enlisted and officers were not employed into a relevant discipline to their degree. It is very common to see a historian or an economist heading engineering division where technical skill is necessary. Even though the officers’ duty might be more of management, what about the enlisted that do the real job and have college degree in a certain discipline that might be of assistance and consistency in their career. Military spent a lot of dollar and time in training and retrain their personnel, which can be reduced when people are trained in line with their previous degree.

As a leader, to coordinates a successful deliberation towards making a change in military, I will employ both structured and unstructured approaches to encourage free and open deliberations. I will make sure we end up in reconciling our differences and find a common ground before the final decision is taken. My main job as an effective change leader in the deliberation is to moderate and mediate the deliberation. I will provide a clear direction of how the deliberation will take to prepare the mind of the members that their contributions are valuable and count.

Finding job satisfaction is very important if we want to retain personnel. Petty et al inferred that “individual job satisfaction and job performance are positively correlated” (1984). Likewise, when employee realise that their behaviours will be rewarded they will monitor their performance to be on the positive side. To lead changes in Navy would require a long process and many procedures because it is big organization. Each phases of the change process will have it significant, before launching the deliberation my prelaunch phase I would reflect on my proposed change of making sure all college graduate that will be employed are commission into officer’s program and aligning their discipline with their duty to enhance their performance and commitment to the job.
Data of both enlisted and officers that retain their job after ten years will be collected to design my persuasion plan, and I will make sure we maintain a positive emotion by focusing on the objective so that we can handle conflict maturely. We can do much more with our team by encouraging harmonious deliberation by resolving conflict within our working group but not changing the objective.

One concept that I feel will help me be a better leader in the future features is the ability to observe nonverbal signs of members. For as many that may have very important ideas but afraid of saying it for a reason best known to them, such knowledge may be discovered by reading their nonverbal reactions and find the solution to the problem. I find this concept most interesting as well because I do not know it has a place in the business world. In fact, I am implementing this concept right away into my daily lifestyle to shape my decision to be an effective leader.
In addition, now I realize that every giggle, actions, and ideas are relevant in change and conflict management. Moreover, I learned that making a change is not an easy task that one can just jump into without full preparation. The way I will now approach both change and conflict management differently is by fully preparing myself for the challenge first, secondly weigh my facts and figure to justify the means before the presentation.







Reference

Petty M.M., McGee. G.W., and Cavender, J.W. (1984) A Meta – Analysis of the Relationship
            Between Individual Job Satisfaction and Individual Performance. Academic of
            Management Review, University of Alabama. Vol. 9, No. 4, 712-721
Roberto, M. (2009). Why great leaders don't take yes for an answer: Managing for
            conflict and consensus. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Wharton School Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment